Saturday, July 11, 2009

An unwelcomed, unexpected visitor

I opened the door. And I gasped.


Me : Why you place the broom stick on the bed?!

Wy: I tell you, you better don’t stand on the floor.

Me : Why?

Wy : There is a xxx…


AaaaaaaahhhhhhHHHHH…….. (Hysterical screams follow)

INTI Subang Jaya – There is a terrorist attack in L9-12 (female hostel) in INTI Subang Jaya. Luckily, no death, no injury. But it sure had panicked the victim, Oo Wan. The terrorist escaped and is unable to be traced.

According to the one and only one witness of the incident (Oo Wan also), the terrorist started the ambush at 3 am in the morning. She played a freezing game with the terrorist. They looked eyes to eyes for an hour or so. Nobody dare to take the first move.

Finally, she gave up. And cocooned herself up in blanket and sank into her dreamland uneasily.


The fearsome terrorist that makes all my hair stand straight each time I hear his name is COCKROACH!!
Here it goes again... My hair all standing on the ends the way we did when the national anthem is being played (not to show my respect to that creature, obviously)

Without hesitation, we declared emergency and held a meeting, planning the military counterattack that we should make.
We started to search for it everywhere that may be its suspicious hiding place.

Under the bed. Checked.
In my boxes of books (though I think that it is clearly a cockroach and not a book worm. Yet, safety first) Checked.
On top of cupboard. Checked.
In the sandwich maker (which I doubted that a cockroach would like to be sandwiched nor I would like to have a cockroach sandwich. YUCKSSS....!!!!!)

After a lot of moving and shifting every objects that has physical contact with the floor, and a lot of screamings (it is a shame to say that we were actually scared by the flying DUST that gave us an optical illusion of the flying insect).
Okay.
The coast is clear.
Not even a single sight of the disgusting organism. So far so good.

Prevention is better than cure.
So we went to shop for weapons:


Shieldtox insecticide+naphthalene balls
See who scare who?! Hahah....

Besides, to ensure a double protection, we even pasted card boards along the door slit so that it is really cockcroachproof (at least I really hope so).


To INTI security guard: We pay rental and yet we need to flash our residential card to gain entrance into the hostel. And I don't think why the Mr. Cockroach can gain entrance so easily to the extend of intruding our privacy even they never pay their rental. It is just so unfair.... :-(

Okay then. Mr. Cockroach, let's have an agreement. If you promise not to intrude into my life anymore, I swear that I will NEVER EVER eat CHEESE....

3 comments:

callie said...

Hahahaha, you really really scared of cockroach?
lol, you should get another weapon, cockroach trap.

kill all at once!. hahahaha

Lazaholic said...

Now think I'll die before the cockroach. We were overwhelmed by the smell of moth balls.....

Crazy Gal said...

so sad..
actually i wanted to laugh at you one.. but then,i found out that my room also have cockroaches(according to my roommate),though i think it's still a baby.
and more recently, i found lizards!!
no idea how they came in...
now feel that its so generous of me to share my room with them le..